Zumba is a fun and energetic dance and fitness program that incorporates aerobics and dance routines.
Some of the routines involved feature elements of hip-hop, merengue, mambo, salsa and soca.
The routines also have a lot of lunges and squats. Because of the nature of the program, special shoes are needed. Ryka is one of the most popular and innovative shoe company. Ryka specializes in manufacturing shoes that are specifically for women.
A womans foot and body are very different from that of a mans. Because of their hips, a lot of weight is shifted towards the outside of the foot of a woman. This means that a womans Zumba shoe needs to provide more stability when the foot strikes.
Because Ryka only deals with shoes for women, they have worked hard to ensure that they produce only the best.
Women have six options to choose from.
Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, all of them are quite good for Zumba routines.
The following are some of the reasons why Ryka footwear are the best:
Lightweight: Ryka combines synthetic materials, mesh and leather to create the lightest shoes in the market. These shoes are perfect for the fitness and dancing routines that are characteristic of Zumba. Most Ryka sneakers weigh less than 8 ounces.
Support: There is a lot of turning and twisting in Zumba. Ryka shoes support the feet properly so that users can perform these routines. The routines put a lot of pressure on the ankles and the feet, and if the individual does not wear shoes that support their feet properly, they may injure their feet while performing Zumba.
Flexibility: It is very important for the individual to wear flexible shoes during Zumba. This is because they will be moving around a lot, and they need a shoe that allows their feet to move properly. Ryka shoes are very flexible, and they will allow the user to move up and down and to move in circles during the routines.
Comfort: A typical Zumba session lasts about one hour. Ryka footwearwill ensure that the user is comfortable throughout this time. The shoes are very breathable, and they are padded in order to provide the necessary cushioning.
RYKA ZUMBA SHOES MODELS
This is the newest model from Ryka. It is a very funky and stylish shoe that is also great for Zumba routines. These shoes are very comfortable, and they provide great support during Zumba. They have a great pivot which is perfect for performing twists and turns. They are also the only Ryka Zumba shoes that are generously cushioned.
Some of the advantages of the Ryka Rhythmic shoes include:
- It has a great pivot that allows twisting and turning
- It is the only Ryka shoe with great cushioning. This helps to prevent the shins and the heel from getting sore during the routine.
- The shoes are light and breathable. The material is designed to ensure ventilation so that the inside of the shoe remains dry and cool.
- They are very reasonably priced and extremely durable.
The main disadvantage with Ryka shoes is that they never have enough cushioning.
Fortunately, the company seems to have responded to customer complaints by using extra padding in the Ryka Rhythmic Zumba shoes. So far, users have not reported any other problems with the Ryka Rhythmic shoes.
This is the most popular Zumba shoe from this company. The topmost part of the shoe is made from breathable air mesh which ensures comfort throughout the Zumba session.
The shoe has rubber soles that have pivot spots which ensure stability during the various twists and turns. The zigzags on the soles provide enough friction, and the diamond gribs provide enough grip.
Benefits of the Ryka Transition shoes include:
- Very comfortable thanks to the breathable mesh and the insole cushioning
- Very flexible due to the topmost air mesh and synthetic materials
- Have a great pivot that allows the user to twist and turn without hurting their knees
The patterns on the sole ensure enough friction and grip. This provides support for the user while they are doing the various routines.
Some of the disadvantages of the Ryka transition include:
- There is very little cushioning at the heel of the shoe. This means that they are not suitable for people who experience heel and shine pain
- The mesh structure provides great flexibility at the expense of support. Therefore, the shoe is not ideal for routines that have a lot of lateral movement.
This shoe is perfect for women who want comfort and support while performing their routines. The shoe is very light, thanks to the synthetic gauze. It has both pivot points and rotational grip which helps with twists and turns while providing enough grip while gliding. One of the best features of this shoe is that it offers support for lateral movements, as well as great support.
The benefits of Ryka Influence include:
- It offers great support and stability for all types of Zumba routines.
- It offers comfort, and it is very lightweight.
- The pivot helps to ensure that the user can twist and turn easily.
- The breathable gauze ensures that the shoe remains dry and cool throughout the Zumba session.
Disadvantages of Ryka influence:
- As with most Ryka sneakers, the Ryka influence does not have enough heel support.
- It is usually half a size smaller, therefore people who love to wear socks will have to buy a shoe that is half a size larger than their normal size.
This is a very popular Zumba shoe model. The shoe is breathable and lightweight, and this helps to keep the feet dry and cool.
This shoes best feature is its adjustable toe box. The user can adjust the Velcro tightener in order to guarantee the perfect fit. The shoe also has great arch support.
The rubber sole has treads that allow the user to twist and turn during routines without slipping or falling.
Benefits of the Ryka Synergy:
- The Velcro tightener allows the user to adjust the toe box in order to ensure the most comfortable fit.
- It has a mesh lining that makes it breathable, thus ensuring that the shoe is cool and dry throughout.
- The full-length rubber sole has treads that are perfect for twisting and turning.
- The shoe is very light, making it perfect for Zumba fitness and dance routines.
Disadvantages of Ryka Synergy:
- The shoe does not have sufficient cushioning for heel support.
- The tongue is quite long and padded, and this sometimes rubs the front of the foot and ankles.
Ryka Studio D
These shoes are very light and inexpensive. The synthetic mesh ensures that the shoes are lightweight and breathable. The pivot points allow the user to twist and turn during routines. However, they do not provide a lot of flexibility.
Advantages of Ryka Studio D1:
- They are the cheapest Ryka shoes.
- They are very light.
- They have a synthetic mesh that makes them extremely breathable.
- The pivot point at the sole of the shoe makes the ideal for performing twists and turns.
Disadvantages of Ryka Studio D1:
- The patterns at the sole of the shoe do not allow for a lot of flexibility during routines.
- They do not have enough padding at the heels.
- They are usually small, and the user will have to purchase a half a size larger in order to fit into them properly.
These shoes are ideal for individuals who are looking for a little more ankle support. They have a long tongue that provides support and comfort, as well as a high top that guarantees great ankle support.
The soles are similar to those of the Ryka Transition, and they provide stability and support during twists and turns. Despite the extra length and ankle support, these shoes are still very light.
Advantages of Ryka Downbeat:
- They are very light, despite the ankle support and padding
- They provide great ankle support.
- They are very comfortable, thanks to the extra padding around the shoe.
- They have treads and pivot points at the sole that make it easier to twist and turn without slipping.
Disadvantages of Ryka Downbeat
- They do not have enough padding at the heel. They are therefore not ideal for people who experience soreness at the heel after dancing or exercising.
- They will become smaller than normal sneakers after a while. Therefore, the user will have to purchase a shoe that is a bit larger than their normal size.
Ryka shoes are definitely one of the best and most popular Zumba shoes. The main disadvantage with most of these shoes is that they do not have enough padding at the heel.
However, the Ryka Rhythmic shoe has solved this problem, making it the best shoe from this company.
The Ryka Transition is another great Zumba shoe, as it offers the best arch support, and it is also the most flexible.